I have decided, for friends and family, to return to periodically posting here on the Current Local Time blog, bits and pieces. On the Forest Voices and H-Brace Farm blogs, Noah and I write together and try (whether or not we succeed) to find the links between our efforts and accomplishments, and some of the bigger issues facing the world. I think of it as focusing a bit more on the bigger picture.
It takes some effort and adjustment to set the "tone" of a blog, but it seems good to keep it consistent, and we've decided that those more public blogs should reach beyond the tiny and ordinary details that our close ones might love to hear, but don't necessarily appeal to the rest of the world at large. I like the pressure to think big-picture, and yet I have such a draw to the minuscule details as well. The way the shadows of weeds across the snow can be long in February, even at noon. The sound of the chickens settling in for the night. The cat melting in the heat of the wood stove. They sometimes call to be noticed, and sometimes call to be shared, at least in a small circle. So, for the ordinary things, the smaller crumbs of the day and the little details observed, I'll post again here, but with no promises of regularity.
No comments:
Post a Comment