Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Snowbirds

It's blustering with direct reminders of the Pacific blowing constantly over the mountains into our little valley.  I spent the weekend in Seattle, Washington, for a friends' wedding, but some of the weather found its way back here too.

On the morning walk, Malaya charged a few flocks of Dark-eyed Juncos, though, so I know that higher up in the mountains that wet is falling as snow.  The first flock of those little birds, we saw on the way to check on the chickens, and I realized that the chicks have passed that milestone--they are now definitely larger than our little outdoor songbirds.  (my new computer doesn't have such as easy connection to the camera, but hopefully more chicken pictures will appear soon, once I get the connectors back!).  They have real live little wings now, and are just getting quicker and quicker (and harder and harder to catch, consequently).




No comments:

Post a Comment